Welcome to Edina Endodontics
At Edina Endodontics, we are here to ensure that you receive the best care possible and will be with you every step of the way.
After your initial contact with our office, we will email you a welcome letter that will allow you to log in to our secure website and enter your information.
Please take a few minutes to review the following steps prior to your upcoming visit. The online registration should take no more than 15 minutes. This important step will reduce your time at our office and make your visit a more relaxing experience. Click the Patient Login button above to begin your online registration.
If we may assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to call our friendly staff at 952.653.4500 or email the staff directly by filling in the form on the right side of this page.
Thank you again for placing your trust in us and allowing us to partner with your dentist to provide you with optimal oral care.
Our team is dedicated to caring for you. See you soon!
Please be sure to bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- The referral slip
- X-rays or any other information given to you by your Dentist.
- A list of medications you are currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months .
- Drivers License or Photo ID.
- Dental Insurance Card (If you would like us to submit the claim on your behalf).
The following is important information to understand prior to your treatment:
- Upon arriving in our office we will ask you to confirm and digitally sign our consent forms.
- Our assistants will then seat you and take your blood pressure and diagnostic radiographs.
- The time necessary to deliver thorough root canal treatment is variable and difficult to predict for each patient. However, we will make every attempt to keep your waiting to a minimum. Please be patient as we deliver quality care to all patients.
- Your doctor will then discuss what brought you in, locate the source of your current concern, show you photographs and radiographs and discuss their significance.
- Treatment options and recommendations will be given.
- If time has been set aside for treatment, then you will be given adequate local anesthesia to numb the area.
- Your tooth will be isolated with a rubber dam (latex or non-latex barrier), and treatment will be rendered.
- Some cases take more than one visit depending on the specific circumstances of your situation.
- After treatment, your case and prognosis will be reviewed and post-operative instructions will be given.
To minimize short-term discomfort and ensure long-term success for your root canal treated tooth, there are a few things we would like you to know and guidelines we ask you to follow:
- It is normal for your tooth to be sore following root canal treatment. The soreness may continue through the first week. Please avoid chewing on your tooth during that time. Healing will occur more quickly if you avoid irritating the tooth as much as possible. Biting tenderness may even last several weeks but should be feeling better by one month.
- Over the next 4-5 days, as the natural healing process is occurring, we usually recommend that you take Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil) 600mg every 6 hours. This can be supplemented with Tylenol 650mg every 6 hours as needed. In most cases you should not need anything stronger.
- Usually a temporary filling is placed in your tooth after treatment. It is very important that you schedule an appointment with your dentist for a permanent filling or crown no later than 30 days from the time of treatment.
- We may request that you return to our office for a recall appointment to evaluate the healing of your tooth. Please come to your appointment to help us give you the best care possible and ensure adequate healing and long-term success.
Thank you again for allowing us to assist in maintaining your dental health. If you need anything, please let us know how we can help,
Your Team at Edina Endodontics
Patient portion is due in full at the time of treatment. We accept all major credit and debit cards and offer CareCredit as a way to finance treatment.
We are “in-network” for some select insurance carriers. Please call our office at 952.653.4500 for more detailed information.
For patients who are anxious about dental treatment, we offer nitrous oxide gas. If you think you may need more than nitrous oxide, please let us know so that we can schedule a consultation PRIOR to your treatment appointment. If appropriate, we can prescribe an oral medication that will allow most patients to feel much more relaxed.